Complete the form on this page. We’ll be in touch by email within 2-3 days to let you know if you are eligible to apply for a start up loan.
If you are eligible we will help you put a business plan together. We will also ask you for some ID documents before completing your application for review.
We will let you know if your application is successful. If so, the loan will be transferred to you and will be able to access free mentoring and discounts from our corporate partners.
Are You . . .
About the Loan Repayments
The Start Up Loans Company does not provide grant-based funding. Meeting monthly repayments form a primary condition of the loan agreement applicants accept and sign. Like other credit commitments, failed Start Up Loan repayments may affect an applicant’s credit record and formal action may commence against the applicant for missed loan payments.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please complete the form below with your details and a brief overview of your business idea.
Start Up Loans are available from £500 to £25,000, per applicant (e.g. a business with three founders could apply for up to 3 x £25,000). If you have business partners who are applying, they should fill out a separate application form.
Final loan amounts are assessed on the needs of your business. The average loan value is £7,000 and over 90% of the loans approved are for under £10,000.
Our FAQs section (external link) contains common questions on the application process. Or you can ask us a question ringing us on 0333 313 0024 or by email to email@example.com.
Your Details and Business Idea
Using Your Personal Information
A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by Business Starts North East and Yorkshire, Transmit Start-Ups Ltd, The Start Up Loans Company Limited and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
1. When you apply to us to open an account, the following checks will be made by us or our partners on the following records about you and others (see 2 below)
a. Our own;
b. those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
c. those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
2. If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
3. Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
4. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
5. If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
6. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
7. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to find out more
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please click here (external link).
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
BUSINESS STARTS NORTH EAST AND YORKSHIRE
Evolution business centre
County Business Park
North Yorkshire DL6 2NQ